Friday, January 19, 2007

Singing "Psalm 121 (I Lift My Eyes Up)" during Celebration, the student-led Sunday night worship service...

I lift my eyes up to the mountains
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from you
Maker of heaven, Creator of the earth

Oh how I need you Lord
You are my only hope
You're my only prayer
So I will wait for you
To come and rescue me
Come and give me life

Me: "Lord, I do need you now, more than ever."
God: "No, Karissa. You don't need me any more than you've ever needed me. It's just that right now you choose to recognize your unfluctuating, intense need for me."

Lord, may I never lose sight of that lesson...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew! That's a message spoken for all of us...I am convinced that God speaks more "loudly" and clearly in times that aren't traditional "sermon" times, than He does then...
Thanks for sharing!
Rosanne