Thursday, April 26, 2007

done.

My first year of college is over. I feel relieved, and proud, and sad all at once. This week is bittersweet. I'm so ready to be home and feel like I live there for a few months, but I'm not ready to leave this place yet either. I never thought I would be able to say that. Believe me, it's a good feeling to be able to. I feel at home here. I've lived with these people, in this place, for 8 months. It's not easy to pack up and leave. But that's all that's left for me to do. My roommate for next year already did that, and my other friends and I said goodbye to her this morning. So surreal.

Anyway, enough moping in disbelief. I am going to Lancaster in 48 hours!

Also, Michael Wiebe-Johnson was discharged this weekend and has been on campus several times this week. I helped him glaze pots ("helped" being a relative term) for his Ceramics class and he even gave me one to say thanks. As if I could have forgotten him before...now I surely never will. His vision is not quite back to normal and he gets tired very quickly. He is still in a wheelchair and he had some sort of brace around his stomach (for his chipped vertebrae, maybe?). But considering what could have been, all those things are blessings. God is so faithful.

1 comment:

Gecko Girl said...

karissa,

thanks for the updates about Michael. So glad you will be home this summer!!!